National Office, SVP House
Fixed Term Part Time (9 months internship)
25 hours per week on average which may include evening and weekend work
Paid role – https://www.svp.ie/getattachment/7601a741-86ef-4132-a6a5-f5f0ff0913b1/College-Support-Officer.aspx
4pm Monday 18 September 2017
The prime purpose of the role is to promote and support SVP Youth Development Programme Nationally with particular focus on College and 3rd Level Conferences. It is also to create awareness of the work of the SVP and ultimately, to foster support for the organisation through supporting links with College Conferences. The role holder will provide young people with the experience of helping others in some tangible way – an experience of being a volunteer and of making a difference to people that will provide them with opportunities for both personal and social development. Finally it is to inspire people about the work of SVP and the importance of social justice.
The ideal candidates will possess the following;
- Hold a relevant 3rd level qualification & / have relevant experience working in the area (can include voluntary work).
- Understanding of developmental nature of Youth work.
- Understanding of Social Justice and equality.
- Experience working with volunteers.
- Experience working with colleges/universities clubs and societies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to work on own initiative.
- Facilitation skills and training delivery.
- Interest and passion about Social Justice in Ireland.
- Flexible and enthusiastic.
- Must have a strong work ethic, be highly motivated, quick to learn.
- Excellent IT skills, Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite applications; including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- The post holder will hold a full clean Irish driving licence and to have access to a car which can be used for work.
If you meet these requirements and have the desire to join one of Ireland’s best known, trusted and respected not-for-profit organisations please fill out the form below and attach the completed job application form.
Appointment is subject to satisfactory references and Garda Vetting. Canvassing will not be accepted and may lead to disqualification. Due to the large volume of applications we are not in the position to provide individual feedback to candidates who are not shortlisted for interview.