Temporary Externally Funded Non Grant-in-Aid contract post, the indicative duration of which is 30 months, subject to contract.
A panel may be formed from which future similar vacancies may be filled; such a panel will remain active for a maximum period of 12 months.
Title of Project:
Strategic market opportunities for the Irish beef and sheepmeat sectors: towards an industry roadmap.
Rural Economy and Development Programme, Teagasc Food Research Centre, Ashtown, Dublin 15.
Head of Department and/or other nominated manager as maybe identified from time to time.
Research Officer, with a starting salary of €33,056 per annum. The current salary scale is €33,056 to €64,337.
Starting pay will be at the minimum of the scale per Government Circular E100/8/82.
Exceptional circumstances may apply for candidates with current or previous service in the public sector (including Teagasc).
Remuneration may be adjusted from time to time in line with Government Policy.
The successful candidate will join a research team in the ‘Meat Technology Ireland’ centre concerned with identifying, assessing and prioritising new strategic market opportunities for Irish beef and sheepmeat. S/he will contribute to developing a roadmap of new value-adding opportunities that will underpin the future direction of the industry.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- In conjunction with the hiring manager, lead and manage a strategic research study on future strategic market opportunities for the Irish beef and sheepmeat sectors to underpin the development of a roadmap for the industry, and thus support future investment decisions by industry and enterprise development agencies.
- Source relevant information from national and international, published, grey and non-published sources.
- Undertake a Delphi study with key international stakeholders.
- Compile all information gathered within the project in a clear, easily accessible system.
- Organise meetings, workshops, etc. and attend relevant events at national or international level.
- Communicate findings and results via stakeholder interaction, report writing and scientific writing.
- Report and discuss progress updates with the MTI Director and participate, where required, in the Research Project Management Group.
- Assist Teagasc in meeting the commitments of the Quality Customer Service charter and action plan.
- Actively participate in the annual business planning and Performance Management Development System (PMDS) processes.
- Fully co-operate with the provisions made for ensuring the health, safety and welfare of themselves, fellow staff and non-Teagasc staff and co-operate with management in enabling Teagasc to comply with legal obligations. This includes full compliance with the responsibilities outlined in the Safety Statement.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.