- Assisting residents with their hygiene needs, such as, bathing, hair care, shaving, dressing and undressing.
- Helping those who need help at meal times.
- Ensure dietary needs are adhered to, including special diets and supplementary drinks under the direction of the nursing staff. Report if any client is not eating/drinking.
- The mobilization of clients including, assisting the nursing staff to turn and re-position using the appropriate aid, i.e. Hoist, sliding sheets etc. Help those who need help with walking and limb exercises as directed. Ensure clients are comfortable in bed or in chairs.
- Escort clients within and in some circumstances outside the residence.
- Reporting to nursing staff any complaints of pain, distress etc. from clients.
- Cleaning and restocking of linen presses/wardrobes and ensure personal clothing is in the correct locker/wardrobe. Ensure correct laundry bags are used, tied and labelled and brought to laundry.
- Care of the incontinent clients, promoting continence awareness among Clients who are confined to bed with their toilet needs.
- Toileting of clients to include giving, removing and emptying of bedpans, urinals and commodes and the use of bedpan washer disinfector.
- Dispose of waste including clinical waste.
- Level 5 in Care Assistant
- A can do attitude
- Experience of a similar role
- A good working knowledge of English
- A knowledge and willingness to apply safe working practices
- A knowledge of how to use equipment necessary to carry out the assigned tasks.
JOB IS EXPIRED.