GridBeyond is an innovator and technology leader in the evolving smart grid space, offering Load Shifting, Demand Response and Frequency Response services. The smart grid is the next generation electricity network. Its aim is to utilise any possible electricity producing or consuming resource connected to the grid, from small residential to large industrial loads, to ensure security of supply in a changing energy landscape and to maximise value to the public. We optimise the use of our customers’ energy resources, using advanced automation technology developed in-house. Our system consists of site controllers with sensor and actuation networks, a central applications system and an operation centre for managing Smart Grid services and trading in Energy Markets. To maintain our market leadership, we are strengthening our software development team.
The successful candidate will join the R&D team and contribute to GridBeyond’s Smart Grid Platform development. They will be responsible for programming, testing, implementation, documentation, maintenance and support of systems application software in adherence with GridBeyond’s standards, processes and best practices.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Working with the full stack, develop high quality, secure, scalable software solutions (in particular control applications) in accordance with technical requirements specifications and design artifacts on time and within budget.
- Work with team to meet scheduled due dates, while identifying emerging issues and recommending solutions.
- Document software programs per Software Development Best Practices.
- Contribute ideas to help ensure that required standards and processes are in place and actively look for opportunities to enhance and innovate solutions and improve process efficiency.
Desired Qualifications, Interest and Experience:
A qualification in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical or Electronic Engineering or other energy related field is highly desirable.
- Interest in automation or control systems and control application development
- Strong analytical background
- Ability to innovate and develop approaches to complex design problems
- Ability to learn and deploy new technologies as needed.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Technologies: .NET framework/Core, SQL, OLAP, data integration, import and migration, SCADA
- Tools: Visual Studio, SQL Server Management studio, Microsoft SQL Server, GIT, DevOps, Windows Server
Term and Benefits:
- Full Time
- Working alongside a highly motivated team
- Delivering cutting edge technology and services
- Competitive salary and pension benefits
- The successful candidate will gain extensive knowledge and experience in the evolving Smart Grid and Energy Industries as well as IOT and real-time device control