The Ideal Candidate will have:
· Previous practical experience in working in a similar environment is desirable but not essential.
· Passion about elder care, providing residents with a safe, clean environment to live in.
· Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
· A professional, caring and empathetic nature.
· Be comfortable working in a sometimes challenging environment.
· Good level of English language skills.
· Availability to work varied shift patterns, Monday to Sunday.
Your Job will involve:
· Daily cleaning of the general areas and residents’ rooms within the nursing home.
· Proper use and storage of cleaning equipment and cleaning solutions.
· Collection and correct disposable of domestic waste.
· Cleaning of spillages as they occur and proper use of wet signs.
· To collect trays, use of the dishwasher and maintain a clean and tidy kitchen in the unit.
· To wash up crockery, cutlery etc. as required.
· Set up of trays for meals.
· Ensure safe work practices are observed and the environment is safe at all times.
· The post will be rotational and flexible according to the needs of the nursing home