MaREI (UCC’s Centre for Marine and Renewable Energy Ireland) is a €55M research, development and innovation hub comprising 200 researchers assisting Ireland’s transition to an internationally competitive, low-carbon society. Our research focus is in the energy and marine sectors, addressing the global challenges of blue growth, climate action, and the energy transition.
MaREI undertakes multi-disciplinary research in marine renewable energy, materials and structures, observations and operations, coastal and marine systems, bioenergy, energy policy and modelling, and energy management.
We are looking to fill a Marketing/Digital/Multimedia paid intern role for 3 months.
Your duties will include but may not be limited to the following:
o Update homepage weekly (news, events, features, blogs)
o Review the website for content gaps, check links, add imagery, etc
o Recommend improvements and implement additions (e.g. industry case studies, publications database, animated infographics, etc)
o Encourage blog posts from researchers (including video posts)
o Google Analytics/Stats & SEO (add keywords across all content)
- Newsletter: Quarterly for general public and tailored version for industry
- To contribute to the MaREI social media accounts & analytics of same
- Multimedia: Work with researchers to create engaging material (eg demos, models, graphics, posters, flyers, etc)
- Video: production of short videos for use online and at events.
- Doing a course in a relevant discipline i.e. Marketing/Communications, Multimedia, Digital, Media/Broadcast/Video Production, etc
- Have completed at least 2 years of the relevant course
- Experience in website CMS e.g. WordPress
- Experience with digital and/or social media tools
- Creative flair and skills in design software packages / multimedia tools / video production (or a willingness to upskill) would be a distinct advantage.
Salary: €1,200 per month for 3 months, total €3,600
Points to Note:
- You will ideally be able to start on June 5th or earlier
- We’re based in Ringaskiddy, Cork and the 223 bus travels from South Mall to our building. If you have a car there is free parking on site.
- We can be flexible in terms of work hours. If travelling by bus you may work from 10am – 4pm
- You can find more company information on www.marei.ie
Please send your CV or a request for more information to firstname.lastname@example.org