Road Scholar: An educational travel organisation specialsing in worldwide travel experiences for American adults .https://www.roadscholar.org/roadscholar-experience/mission-history/
EIL Ireland are the in-country programme providers. We run itineraries throughout the island of Ireland and welcome over 1,800 participants a year.
This is a great opportunity to gain experience as part of a small team in a fast paced office environment working in the field of educational tourism. The mission for this 3-month internship, and led by a senior staff member, will be to provide administrative support with a particular focus on tasks such as the following:
- Preparing materials for each in-coming group
- Data entry
- Managing the checklist for each group arrival
- Booking entertainment for groups: eg theatre tickets
- Booking couriers and airport transfers
- Liaising with group leaders on their travel arrangements & making their in-country travel bookings
- Updating monthly calendar of group arrivals and departures
Strong organisation skills, and attention to detail. Enthusiastic, good with people, Experienced in Microsoft Office (especially Word and Excel.)
Needs to be able to demonstrate initiative and work on own as well as in a busy team.
Start Date As soon as possible / immediately
Location EIL offices in Cork City
Duration July – mid October
Hours Average of 37.5 hours per week.
Allowance €400 per week
Holidays 2 days per month