Relief Residential Assistant
Reporting to the Accommodation Manager or other staff member as determined by the General Manager.
The Residential Assistant is responsible for providing leadership, building community, and running the Out of Hour’s operational aspects of UCC Campus Accommodation. The Residential Assistant is required to respond to the needs of Residents and manage administrative and operational tasks whilst on duty.
Duties of Residential Assistant:
- The duties of the Residential Assistant will be carried out under the direction of the Accommodation Manager and include the following:
- Respond to emergencies as required between the hours of 6.00pm and 4.00am, Monday to Sunday and on Bank Holidays (evenings/nights) where applicable.
- Operate a reception service between 6-8pm
- Provide a full written nightly report to the Accommodation Manager each morning should any incidents have arisen the previous night in the Handover Book.
- If necessary, respond to complaints from Residents between the hours of 6.00pm and 4.00am and act accordingly providing a full report in the nightly report.
- Carry out duties that the managers require each evening including monitor and pick up litter in the Complex. Ensure that Rubbish / Recycling areas are kept tidy, e.g. sweep up the area if necessary.
- To patrol the complex at least twice per night before going to bed.
- Serve as a role model for responsible behaviour and respond consistently and fairly to residents’ concerns
- Such other duties as appropriate to the post as may be assigned from time to time by the Management.
- Summer Time duties, to include the above Academic Year responsibilities and also:
- Deal with Customer enquiries and check in/out guests between 6.00pm and 4.00am.
- Ensure all guests and guest requests are dealt with efficiently, courteously and promptly.
- To ensure strict security is maintained in respect of monies, keys, guest property and UCC Campus Accommodation equipment.
- Have a working knowledge of all procedures -e.g. Open and Lock Up, maintenance requests, emergency response
- Operate a Reception service between 6-8pm.
- Participate in Residence duties as requested (e.g. post-delivery, building surveys, fire drills, administrative work, wireless support)
- Complete all paperwork and reports accurately and promptly
- Participate in all training requirements including first aid, manual handling, fire drills etc.
- Attend all meetings with Managers.
- Communicate on a daily basis with site Manager and provide essential feedback and reports.
- Applicants must be a full time registered student of UCC in the year in which they are applying to be a Relief Residential Assistant.
- Applicants must be available for the entire year.
- Applicants must have no disciplinary issues out-standing against them within the University
- Evidence of good communication skills, organisational and time management skills, interpersonal skills, reliability and dependability
- Strong commitment to acting as a role model for UCC Residents
- The Relief Residential Assistant will be required to cover holiday leave and time off for full time RA’s.