Our Qatar based client is looking to recruit a co-supervisor for a current student-employee who is pursuing a Ph.D. in Organizational Culture and Performance.
Scope of Work
The co-supervisor will work closely with the student to evaluate the theoretical framework, literature review and methodology of the research project and to provide guidance in the areas of data collection and analysis. The co-supervisor should be proactive rather than reactive and take a genuine interest in helping the student stay on task, navigate challenges, and meet deadlines.
Other responsibilities include:
- Help devise a systematic approach to the writing process and check-in regularly to monitor progress and offer encouragement and direction
- Assist with reviewing drafts and provide constructive feedback on a regular basis
- Offer knowledgeable guidance related to proper formatting and referencing, and help manage and cross-check cited works
- Review feedback from dissertation adviser and offer guidance on how to incorporate critiques into the draft
- Identify helpful resources as needed to supplement research and methodology
The successful candidate will possess a Ph.D. degree in Organizational Culture and Performance, Industrial and Occupational Psychology, HRM Management or a similar related field. The candidate’s main area of expertise should be related to organizational culture. Moreover, the candidate should have teaching experience at the university level, and a considerable publication record in peer-reviewed publications. The co-supervisor must also possess a strong background in research methodology. Previous dissertation supervision experience is a plus. The position is open to all qualified applicants, regardless of nationality or geographic location.
The dissertation is expected to be completed within the next four academic semesters (approx. 2 years). The position requires a commitment for this duration of time; candidates unable to commit to the entire time period will not be considered.
The successful candidate will enter into a contract with the student, not the academic institution.
This is a remote position; all supervision and communication will take place online. The co-supervisor is expected to have the technological capacity and resources to communicate and to receive and edit documents in common formats.
Compensation is consummate with experience and based on completed milestones (per chapter, per quarter, etc.) as discussed and agreed upon when executing the contract.